Sunday, August 10, 2008

An Old Boyfriend Has Come Back Into My Life

While on this trip to Chicago, I connected with an old dear friend. I knew I was going to see him, but when I did, I was surprised at how my heart jumped.

He was always there for me, except for one dark period in fall 2005 of which we do not speak.

He got me through some tough times, made those long cold Chicago winter nights more bearable. I didn't realize how much I'd missed having him in my life.

It's great to have you back, TiVo.

I don't really know how I could have left you behind for so many months. How sad you must have been, languishing in Scott's closet, unused and unloved for so long. I think you'll love Arizona. Cox Communication has many new channels for you to get to know, I think you'll make some new friends quickly. *sniff* I'll never leave you again.

No comments: