Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Assorted Updates

The last few weeks in Tucson have been pretty chill. Lots of socializing and relaxing. The heat has let up, it's been very nice here. Still looking forward to fall, but the heat could be a lot worse.
____________________________________

Saw my first tarantula last week. Skip saw it in the driveway and said, "cool!", then hopped out to get a closer look. Me, I stayed in the truck, and possibly locked the door. I did eventually get out to see it, but I stood behind Skip so I could push him in the way if the tarantula busted any moves. Later that night we heard the coyotes howling in the wash. Hello, wild kingdom.

____________________________________

Another animal related update: the tortoises are in heaven - it's prickly pear fruit season. Although they're covered with horrid fine pricklers, the tortoises go nuts for the fruit from the cactus. Their little mouths are stained red from all the juice:


____________________________________

Since when is an Escalade a compact car?

____________________________________
Does the world really need these?

____________________________________

This was the total for the car in front of me. The only reason it stopped at $100 is because the gas pump won't go over $100 to protect people from fraudulent credit card use. They probably need to raise that limit.


____________________________________

Mmmmm...nothing like a nice ripe mago.

____________________________________

I came *this close* to adding an apostrophe. Or crossing off the 's'. The Typo Eradication Advancement League would be disappointed in me. Maybe I'll change it next time I'm there.

No comments: