Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Good Cause. There's Beer Involved.

My friend Julia is chairing a fund raising event for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and asked me to pimp her event on the blog. I'm sure the 10s of you who visit every month will happily spread the word.

The event takes place in Chicago on September 25, at Goose Island Brewery. A fundraiser at a brewery with "unlimited craft beer tastings" and prizes including "a tower of beer"? I think she's found the ideal way to raise money in Chicago. I'm sure in addition to beer there will be cheese and polish sausage, the three foundational pieces of most Chicago diets.

If you won't be able to attend the event, but want to contribute to an important cause, you can make a tax deductable monetary donation, or a goods/service donation for the silent auction they're holding in August. For more details, visit www.cff.org/LWC/JuliaTritz

Great. Now I want cheese.

No comments: