Saturday, May 17, 2008

Roswell..."The Dairy Capital of the Southwest"

Who knew? 1.5 cows for every person. Although, I think this is a bit much:

"surely, of all the things that have ever occurred...in and around Roswell, certainly nothing could be more likely to lure visitors, more likely to boost the local economy, or more full of fun and intrigue than the local dairy industry."

Intrigue at the dairy? What could that possibly be - alien cows?

I am quite disappointed to report my trip to Roswell was entirely alien and alien-nut-job free. I watched X-Files, I've seen Close Encounters and Contact, and I was expecting conspiracy theorists aplenty. Nothin'. The most unusual thing I saw was a rainbow. It was super, and natural, but hardly supernatural.

Rock star parking at the UFO Museum, which was surprisingly crowed at 9 am on a Sunday morning. It really is the only UFO-centric destination in Roswell, so that makes sense. Click the photo to enlarge to see the alien street lamp on the right.



I was kind of surprised to see Wal-Mart embrace the myth:


Perhaps aliens offer better terms than more terrestrial lenders:

I don't have any idea what this is, but wonder where Zone One HQ is...perhaps Chiron Beta Prime? (that's for Liz and Eric)

Cover-Up Cafe...is out of business. Or is it? Highly suspicious.

These little green footprints led to a t-shirt shop. Pretty clever.


No comments: