Friday, May 16, 2008

Last Night in Breckenridge

If *finally* stopped snowing, mercifully. To celebrate, I headed to a local wine bar. I know you are all shocked I would head to a wine bar. If you're ever in Breckenridge, I highly recommend The Cellar, and not just because it's one of the few restaurants actually open right now. It was great. The short ribs in particular are fabulous.

A few women came in while I was enjoying my Gloria Ferrer sparkling Blanc de Noirs, and we got to talking. Turns out they were from New Jersey. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 90% of the people I've met on this trip are from either New Jersey or Chicago. Most densely populated state, third biggest city in the country, it makes sense. But, never fails to crack me up.

Tomorrow I leave snowy Colorado for the warmer temperatures of SE New Mexico. I plan to get to Roswell by tomorrow night, see the UFO Museum on Sunday morning, then spend time at Carlsbad Caverns before heading to Tucson. Tucson has been in the mid 90s/high 80s, but next week looks like triple digits. It is a dry heat, and as much as I'm looking forward to warmer temps, I'm a little nervous. A 60 degree temp change in 48 hours; as Mike Rowe says, I can't see what could possibly go wrong.

1 comment:

farre said...

So jealous of the Gloria Ferrer and the trip to Roswell! Safe travels!