Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Believe I Have Achieved the Rank of "Professional Nerd"

I’ve always been a nerd, never ashamed of it. Today may have bumped me into a new category of nerd-dom. Today I saw something that was so cool, I can hardly describe it.

Today, I went to Biosphere 2.

I know!! It was totally fantastic. And, the tour actually takes you INTO THE BIOMES! I’m not kidding. It was wicked awesome. I can not imagine living there, though. Apparently the second ‘human mission’ in the ‘Sphere was abruptly cancelled due to interpersonal drama. I guess you lock up 8 scientists for 6 months, and it gets all Real World up in there.









The door that sealed the scientists inside. Kind of ominous...


The grounds of the Biosphere are quite lovely as well:





2 comments:

Vinndogg78 said...

Is that the Bio Dome they used in the Pauly Shore flick Bio Dome? :-) Very cool and I would totally be a nerd and check out that tour.

Unknown said...

I can't see a door like that without thinking of Lost. The way that show has invaded my life - insidious. My dad raves about the biodome tour.