Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Urgent: Watch Jay Leno Tonight!!

It pains me greatly to say that, as I'd rather stab myself with a sharp stick than watch Jay Leno. But, you really need to watch to see the astoundingly talented Marc Broussard.

We saw him last night at Club Congress, and, WOW.

Hard to describe his sound. Best I can say it's a bluesy-rock with influences from New Orleans, Stevie Wonder, Amos Lee, and Robert Randolph and the Family Band. He's the most soulful white guy I think I've ever seen. You might know his song "Home" (it's on his Myspace page).

And his band was excellent. Usually I don't notice the band. To me, there's no difference between Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs. But these guys, WHOA. Each was a huge talent. And man, did they blow the doors of the joint. I was exhausted just listening to them, don't know how they play so hard every night.

Tonight they're on Jay Leno. Then they're back on tour, really just starting their tour. Many dates near you, go see them and prepare to be amazed.

No comments: