Tuesday, June 10, 2008

When did skorts come back?

Have been doing some shopping and nearly every store I visited featured skorts. Huh.

The last week or so, I've been doing less exploring of the Tucson sites, and more exploring of the Tucson social scene. I joined several MeetUp groups. Y'all know about www.meetup.com, right? I highly recommend it, it's a great way to meet people and do new things. Last week I went to a wine meetup, a dive bar meet up, and a women's brunch meet up. All were a lot of fun, I've met some really nice people.

Remember how I said nearly everyone I meet is from NJ or Chicago? It's becoming my favorite bar game. In the past week I've met people from Fort Lee, Union, Princeton, Parsippany, Staten Island (close enough), Toms River, Hyde Park, Lakeview, Romeoville, and Naperville. It's a bit ridiculous.

Tomorrow I have an extra nerdy field trip planned: I'm taking a tour of the Phoenix Mars Lander Science Operation Center. I know!!

No comments: