Sunday, April 27, 2008

Old Town Santa Fe

Friday night I finally made it to Old Town Santa Fe and the Plaza area. Several blocks of art galleries, jewelers, restaurants and bars. It is also home to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, which was really interesting. I didn't know much about her, and there was a great film about her life at the museum, narrated by Mr. Gene Hackman.

Leave it to me to be in the southwest and find an authentic boulangerie. I was greeted with a 'bon jour mademoiselle', and was so giddy I actually ordered in french. I think it was being called mademoiselle that spun me around. I will say, it was the best pastry I've had since Paris.

Afterward I met Dan for dinner at Second Street Brewery. We played a few rounds of Pass the Pigs, and I lost each one. After losing at darts to him on Thursday, I'm getting a little ticked.

St. Francis Cathedral:




The Plaza:


Yummy pastries:

Downtown street:


Lastly, probably my favorite thing of the week. An eagle locked in combat with a native american warrior while surrounded by bears. Someone needs to alert the Colbert Nation!!

1 comment:

Mags said...

AHH! Bears are the #1 threat to America!