Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hola, Santa Fe

Saturday I arrived in Santa Fe to spend time with my wonderful friend Dan. Dan and I lived in the Met for a long time. We'd randomly and frequently bump into each other in the elevator, and shared many agonizing commutes to work on the ol' 147. He always made those trips more bearable. It was a dark day for my commute when he moved to Santa Fe.

We went to a film festival on Saturday night at a local college that showcased 40 3-minute films. Most were fun, a few were great, and a few were just disturbing. We then went to dinner at The Cowgirl, which was lovely. Sunday we went to brunch (mmm...bacon...), and then went on a gorgeous hike along the Dale Ball trail. Wish I had my camera with me, the views were amazing. We then went to dinner and saw a movie that ran for more than 3 minutes.

On Monday I moved into the new digs, where I'll be for the next two weeks. It's very mod here; everything is white (gods help me with the spilling and the white furniture), floors are concrete. Not your typical Santa Fe adobe abode, that's for sure. It's super sunny with lots of great windows and nice outdoor seating.


Corrugated metal, not really seen in southwestern architecture:

Kitchen with a gorgeous gas stove I'm eager to try:


Note the super comfy bench on the right made out of steel pipe and a plank of wood:

Bed frame is also steel pipe:

Office with a printer - so excited to be able to print things, such a luxury:

Seating in the front yard, surprisingly not made out of steel pipes:



Sunset from the upstairs balcony:

No comments: